The Fabulous Golden Globes Monday, January 09, 2017 1 Comment
That's a wrap on the 2017 Golden Globe Awards and what a fabulous way to start award season...
First of all, Jimmy Fallon did great job with a laugh out loud opening monologue and held his own throughout the remainder of the show. No awkward moments as he kept the show moving... Especially loved his introduction of Jessica Chastain and Eddie Redmayne. "Chastain and the Redmayne", super catchy. No doubt Jimmy Fallon did a great job, however I was dying over Goldie Hawn and Amy Shumer as presenters. Can we book them for next year or maybe even the Oscar's?!?! Someone get their perspective agents on the phone stat!!!
Amazing speeches by Aaron Taylor Johnson, Donald Glover, Sarah Paulson, Tom Hiddleston, Emma Stone, Casey Affleck and Isabelle Huppert, however Ryan Gosling's dedication to his wife Eva Mendes and her later brother, Juan Carlos was truly moving and incredibly touching. Just when you thought this guy couldn't get any more perfect...
The drop the mic moment of the night came when Meryl Streep was awarded the Cecile B. Demille Award. Dame Streep gave hands down the most powerful, effective, impactful and heartfelt speech of the night. It is no doubt she is the most important living actress in the world. Bravo Meryl!!! We are beyond fortunate to have you and will all be talking about this speech for a long time.
As for the fashion...
My best dressed stars were;
- Chrissy Teigen in Marchesa. She was flawless in this stunning gold metallic number. Wow!!!!
- Priyanka Chopra in custom Ralph Lauren. She was head to toe perfection with hair, make-up and accessories on point. Obsessed.
- Sofia Vergara in Zuhair Murad. This woman definitely knows how to wear a dress. Va Va Va Voom X 100%!!!!
- Blake Lively in Atelier Versace. No stylist and yet kills it every time. She was absolutely stunning in this exquisite Versace dress. Like Whoa!!!
- Olivia Culpo in a hand-painted Zuhair Murad. This dress was everything. It belongs in a museum as it truly is a work of art. I've never seen Olivia Culpo look better. Nick Jonas eat your heart out!!!
Honorable mentions go to; Lily Collins in Zuhair Murad, Kerry Washington in Dolce & Gabbana, Jessica Biel in Elie Saab and Nicole Kidman in Alexander McQueen.
My worst dressed stars were;
- Sarah Jessica Parker in Vera Wang. SJP is one of my most favorite fashion girls, however I absolutely hated everything about this. What a miss and a mess. I understand and can appreciate that she was trying to pay tribute to the late Carrie Fisher in this Star Wars' Princess Leia inspired dress and look, however she simply looked terrible. When I first saw her walk the red carpet I thought she was paying homage to the movie Trolls. Really tragic. My apologies to anyone involved with the movie, Trolls as she clearly did not have "Sunshine in her Pocket".
- Reese Witherspoon in Atelier Versace. For the record I loved the dress and thought Reece looked beautiful, however that being said I was beyond bored with this look. Time to try something new for the red carpet. I get it, Reece looks amazing in this kind of dress, maybe just save it for a fancy luncheon or wedding?!?! Just an idea. Don't retire the dress, just retire it from the red carpet.
- Winona Ryder in Viktor & Rolf. I really like Winona and I really like Viktor & Rolf, however I hate every single thing about this. Winona Ryder is not that old, yet she looked like a crazy old lady in this dress. She looked like someone nominated for (maybe) a Costume Award and not a Best Actress Award. Sad really.
- Hailee Steinfeld in custom Vera Wang. She looked stunning, however isn't this girl twenty and a pop singer?!? Maybe leave Vera Wang for brides and mothers of brides. Young starlets should not be wearing Vera Wang. Period.
- Sienna Miller in Michael Kors. One word, Snooze. I love Sienna Miller and always look forward to seeing what she is going to wear. This look left me underwhelmed, which coincidentally is a term I believe Michael Kors coined. How's that for irony.
All in all, an awesome Awards Show. Excited to continue watching these nominated films as we count down to the Academy Awards...